Support Adventure is an expat outsourcing company that provides our staff the opportunity to live and work in exciting cities worldwide, while offering tech support. We have staff in Africa, Europe, Asia, and the Americas.
We have multiple clients in the MSP space that are looking for Helpdesk Technicians. We provide comprehensive training for candidates with potential, so feel free to apply even if you do not have direct experience with helpdeks.
You will typically be working 8 hour shifts depending on your time zone (European, Asian, and American time shifts available).
Generally, you start off as the front line of support for people that have computer problems. You may remotely control the client’s computers, and see what you can do to remedy their problem. You might already know what to do, have to do some research, or delegate the problem to someone present if needed.
The specific activities largely depend on our clients, and during the onboarding process we will equip you with everything you need to get started.
Here’s an example of some of the tasks that the role might entail. We provide training.
- Install, troubleshoot and manage Microsoft products (Windows 7/10, and MS Office application suite)
- Troubleshoot and fix issues with Office 365 and cloud solutions.
- Troubleshoot email related issues
- Deploy images through imaging tools
- Understand the client/server applications architecture
- Coordinate and implement network software and hardware upgrades
- Troubleshoot and configure routers, switches, and firewalls
- Troubleshoot and resolve LAN/WAN performance, connectivity, and related network problems
- Administer LAN/WAN security, antivirus and spam control measures
- Conduct daily network backup operations
- Other duties may be added as defined.